How to get the best fit when shop on-line with Warwick Jones
The most important thing you can do before you start shopping for clothes online is to take proper measurements of yourself.
The best way to achieve that is to make sure you have your own measurements. Here's how.
Have a professional take them for you. The best way to get the most accurate measurements possible is to have someone else take them while you're standing normally. Make a one-time trip to a tailor or specialist shop and have your measurements properly taken by someone who does it all the time and knows what they're doing. Having your measurements on file will also make it easier if you need to have clothes adjusted.
Take them yourself with help from a friend. The other strategy for measurements is to take them yourself. If you need to do that, ask a friend to help you. You have to be careful taking your own measurements - don't suck in your gut, or try to stand up straighter than you normally would. Also always do it in front of the mirror.
Very important to remember that a tape measure should not be tight and rather slightly relaxed.
- You'll want to measure your bust at the fullest part of your chest at the most natural breezing position. Also make sure that tape measure is straight at the front and at the back.
- You'll also want to measure your "natural waist", which is the slimmest part of your torso, not necessarily your actual waist where your pants rest.
- Final part is your hip measurement and you want take it at the fullest part, making sure tape measure is straight across.
Our clothing manufacturers use hip measurements more often.
- Once you have your measurements, size charts will be your best friend.
- You always want to order a garment that fit the widest part of your body.
- Please consider the fit of the garment by analysing the image of the model or reading our description.
For your help we always specify the model’s height and the size she is wearing.
- Very important to know if fabric used in the garment has any stretch to give you more flexibility.
- If you know that you have specific fit issues, do not be shy and contact us to get particular measurement of any part of the garment you are looking at purchasing. Remember - we are here to help you!
- Look at customer reviews if they're available for a sense of whether our sizing is too small or too big.
- Finally remember - keeping notes of all your measurements to get the styling that you know always work for you.